Keyla's Rebuttal: Why Dogs Are Better Pets Than Cats
Keyla answers: Now, I live with City Kitty, and he drives me crazy! It's a known fact - dogs are totally better pets than cats, and I can prove it.
- You can train a dog to do tricks. Have you ever seen your cat sit or roll over, or STAY on command? No way! I haven't either.
- Dogs don't climb up on things when you're not looking. But cats see nothing wrong with strutting across your kitchen counter or taking a nap on your computer keyboard.
- Dogs can't wait to see you. They jump around, ecstatically greeting you when you get home from work. Cats may rub up against your leg when you first come through the door, but then they pretty much ignore you the rest of the evening.
- Dogs let you give them a bath. You should see what happened the last time my owner tried to put City Kitty in the sink for a quick bath.
- Dogs will listen to you. They'll cock their heads to the side and listen intently to everything you say, trying to figure out what in the world you're talking about. But cats will walk away right in the middle of a conversation. What's the point of having a pet if they don't want to listen to you?
- Dogs are social. They wag their tails every time someone looks their way. They want to hang out with you. Cats are loners, even standoffish - stalking off, swishing their tail back and forth if you try to bother them.
- Dogs are defenders. You feel safer with a dog in the house. Even little dogs can make a big enough racket to make an intruder think twice. Have you ever heard of a would-be burglar leaving because he heard the cat meowing?
- Dogs are rightly known as "man's best friend." They love you unconditionally, even when you come home from work tired and grumpy. If you accidentally step on them, they don't hold a grudge.
- Cats expect handouts, but dogs are willing to earn their keep. They work as service animals, trained to help people with disabilities. They pull heavy sleds through snow. They herd sheep. They search and rescue. They work as movie actors and actresses. They sniff for drugs. And you can train them to fetch for you at home.
- This one is a toss-up. Which one is easier for humans ... cleaning up the kitty litter box or following me around with a little blue bag? Personally, I think the outdoor waste management system is better.