How Cats Talk to You
City Kitty answers: I have a large vocabulary with lots of different sounds. If you hang out with me long enough, you will learn to recognize them all.
- LOUD mee--owww--ing: I'm hungry!!! Feed me now!!! I want a treat. Let me OUT!!!
- Very quiet mee--owww--ing: Don't you think I'm precious? Could you just give me a tiny little bit of food off your plate?
- Howling: Help me, help me! I'm hurt or in pain! I'm seriously upset!
- Screeching: This is my intimidation sound, and it works pretty well. It means I'm about to start a fight, or I'm already in the middle of a fight. When you hear this sound, it would be best if you just stay out of my way.
- Hissing: I'm giving you fair warning, buddy. BACK OFF!!!
- Purring: Life is good.
If you can think of a sound I forgot to explain, shoot us an email describing the sound and what it means.